The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has released a new guidance document on debris removal and waste management:
Family Environmental Compliance Services has mobilized from our Denver Office to immediately provide services for the disaster response effort. Our team is ready to assist in recovery so that you can get back to business.
We specialize in providing innovative and cost-effective environmental solutions for private-and public-sector entities affected by natural disasters.
We provided all Senior Environmental Consulting services to the New York City – Health & Hospitals Corporation (HHC) for 20 Hospitals and Clinics affected by Hurricane Sandy. Our services were critical to return the HHC-system hospitals to full operations rapidly and before all other affected large health care facilities in metropolitan New York.
Experience and effectiveness sets us apart. Our professionals are available now to provide natural disaster solutions, including:
- Assessment of all environmental conditions caused by flood waters and subsequent remediation and abatement activities.
- Working with FEMA and local/state environmental regulators to develop rapid, common-sense and innovative solutions that enable business continuity.
- Design and oversight of all environmental remediation actions and facility restoration activities with identified microbial conditions.
The impact of national emergencies can exceed local and state financial resources. Many municipalities and businesses turn to FEMA when rebuilding after a disaster. If you are looking for FEMA reimbursement, consider the following when making assessments and beginning projects: .
Assessment – Document everything:
- Photographic documentation
- Sampling of damage (lead, microbial, etc)
- Any paperwork that pertains to decision-making
Categories of Work - Correctly identifyi the category of work that is to be performed. There are two (2) categories of emergency work:
- Debris Clearance (Category A)
- Protective Measures (Category B)
Procurement of Work - Provide clear scopes of work with good management and document all processes including:
- Vetting and bidding on contracts
- Photo documentation of all stages of projects: before, during, and after
- Any data collected/sampling (i.e. air monitoring)
Contact Bernard Hurley, at 303 901-6200 for immediate consultation and environmental action plan.